1. Finely dice both the apples and the strawberries and then cut both the lime and the serrano pepper into fairly thick slices.
2. Layer all of the the different fruits in a tall pitcher, adding a dash of sugar in between every layer. For an interesting twist, you could use honey or agave instead of plain sugar.
3. After all of the fruit has been layered, add the sliced serrano chile and the remaining sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Add the Viognier to the fruit and sugar mixture.
5. Add the white grape fruit juice and top it all off with the club soda. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
6. Once the sangría has chilled, bust out your favorite wine glasses. I like a lot of fruit in mine so I am not bashful about digging around for more berries. Just keep an eye out on those sliced serranos
7. Garnish the drink with some fresh mint and serve.
Hello again, everyone! Julie Leah here sharing some more summery inspiration! I love summertime, especially planning summer vacations. My family is leaving for the beach next week and I can't wait. When Jennifer asked me to share my perfect summer day I immediately imagined sand between my toes and a big ice cream cone in my hand.
For me, the perfect summer day starts on the beach and ends on the boardwalk. I love spending all day soaking up the sun, having my hair tangled by the salty air and spending the evening enjoying a delicious meal and sauntering along the boardwalk. Ice cream is usually a daytime and nighttime indulgence!
If you'd like to see more wedding attire take a peek over there!
2 ozbourbon whiskey
1 tspsuperfine sugar
6 mint leaves
Combine 4 mint leaves with the sugar and a few drops of water, and muddle well. Add the bourbon, and stir well. Strain into a collins glass, add ice cubes and the champagne. Garnish with 2 mint leaves, and serve.